One of the most helping tools for traffic control is to use intelligent traffic video analysis. Using a video surveillance system empowered by image processing algorithms, enabling us to detect traffic events automatically, is very important for management and improvement of transportation infrastructures. To this end, the “Faraa-Traffic” system is developed. This system will help in traffic management and information gathering for better deciding and thus decreasing the rate of loss.
- Event’s real date and time
- Robust to different weather or lighting conditions
- Consistent with variety of cameras, operating systems and networks
- Accurate and reliable images of events at any time
- Automatic alarms in case of accidents such as: fire, Sudden stop in highways, Sudden obstruction on roads and etc.
- Traffic load estimation
- Counting the approximate number of vehicles in a scene
- Estimating the number of vehicles passing through a specified boarder
- Automatic License-Plate Recognition (ALPR)
- A license plate watch list within LPR flags matching plates from a user-defined list. When tags are detected they are compared against the watch list, from which I/O events or e-mail alerts can be triggered.
- parking enforcement, parking permission control and parking lot security and access control
- vehicle inventory, stolen vehicle recovery and expired registration enforcement
- city-wide surveillance
- Automatic detection of road boundary, Lane and right motion direction
- Automatic detection of vehicle types (Heavy/Light)
- Speed measurement
- Traffic jam and queue detection
- Stopped car or accident detection
- Automatic detection of abandoned objects on the road, such as falling objects boarded on heavy vehicles.
- Automatic detection of passing human/animals across the road
- Detecting traffic violation
- Out of line driving detection
- Speed limit violation detection
- Red light violation
- Heavy vehicle detection on forbidden lane
- Wrong way driving detection